Eurax is commonly used as a scabidal and anti-purities. Scabidal are the agent who kills the mites. Mite is bite to the skin cause to the skin irritation. Crotamiton is a principal active compound of thismedicine. Crotamiton is classified in the scabidal and anti-purities. Eurax shows its action by cooling effect through the evaporation of the skin. This cream should keep in the cool and dry place.
Indications of Eurax
Eurax is indicated for the treatment of the skin infectionsuch as scabies, itching, blistering of the skin.
Contraindications of Eurax
Under several medical conditions Eurax should not be given because they produce some harmful effect which are described below;
- Allergic reaction
- Breast feeding woman
Drug interactions of Eurax
Drug interactions are the condition in which two or more drugs interact to each other and disturb the action of each drug.Do not identify about drug interaction with this drug if you experienced any drug reaction after taken this medicine then contact to your physical.
Storage conditions of Eurax
- Eurax must be stored at 25 to 300C or controlled room temperature.
- Protect it from direct sunlight or moisture.
- Please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Eurax is a semi solid dosage form which is applied to the topically.
How to use for the scabies infection-
- Before the using this medication, you should clean and dry the applied skin.
- A toothbrush may be used for the applied of this cream into the skin.
- After the applied to the skin, you should massage this cream on the applied area.
- This cream is applied single timein 24 hours.
- Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day.
- Take a bath 48 hours after the last application for removing the medication from your skin.
For other skin infection besides scabies- Applied a thin layer of cream to the affected area usually 2 to 3 times in a day and massage gently until the medication is completely absorbed.
Missed dose ofEurax
If the patient missed a dose ofEuraxcreams apply it as soon as you memorize. If it gets the time for the next dose then leave it and move further for your regular dose schedule.
Overdose of Eurax
Eurax is topical cream so aminimum chance of overdosing. But overdose may be injurious for your health so please avoided its.
- This medicine may producefew adverse effects after applied to the skin. These adverse effects of this cream are- itching, redness, stinging, dryness, burning sensation etc.
There are some precautions which are important to follow before taken this drug. These precautions are given below;
- Do not apply this cream on the topical if you have any allergic reaction to its composition ingredients.
- Please do not apply to the sensitive area like skin.
- This medicine does not suggest to pregnant and breast feeding women.