Ovidac is a medicine that is used to treat fertility problem in women who have not gone through menopause. You can also use the medicine to treat testicular development problem. Beside this, it also stimulates the development of secondary sexual characters in male.
Ovidac contains human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (HCG). This is mainly responsible for stimulating the testicles cells so that androgens are produced and in ovaries, progesterone is produced. Androgen in male is responsible for development of secondary sexual character such as voice deepen, hair growth, etc. HCG stimulates release of egg and thus acts like luteinizing hormone in women. The medicine is available for intramuscular injection in multiple doses such as 5000 IU, 10,000 IU.
You should store the vial at room temperature that ranges from 15-30 degree centigrade. It should be protected from light and moisture. You should store the mixed medicine at a temperature that varies from 2-8 degree centigrade. Specify the date of mixing the medicine on the vial. This mixed medicine should be used within 1-2 months based on the type of product. Always keep the medicine in such a place where kids and pets should not reach.
Mechanism of action:
Ovidac works by stimulating the cells of testicles and help in development of secondary sexual characters in male. In addition, it is also known to stimulate the process of ovulation in female.
Ovidac is used to treat fertility problem in women who have not undergone menopause. In male (boys), it helps in development of secondary sexual character.
Some of the drugs might interact with Ovidac and can alter the desired result of the medicine. Therefore, you should keep a list of all drugs and share it with your doctor when you visit them. Never start or stop taking medicine or change the dose without the consent of the doctor. Drug Gonadorelin might interact with Ovidac and can change the effectiveness. Hence, tell your doctor in case you are using this medicine.
The dose for this medicine depends on your age, medical condition, response to the treatment and weight. In general, boys can take this medicine three times in a week. However, it is strongly recommended to consult to the doctor for the exact dose of the medicine.
If you miss a dose, contact your doctor or medical advisor so that they can let you know about your new schedule for this medicine.
If you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor immediately.
Ovidac might lead to side effects in some of the users of the medicine such as:
- Pain at injection
- Swelling of ankles/feet
- Mood changes
- Swelling of the breast
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Slurred speech
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Allergic reactions such as rash/itching/shortness of breath
- Before using Ovidac, you should tell your doctor in case you are allergic to the medicine or have any other allergy.
- Ovidac contains different inactive ingredient that might also be responsible for causing allergic reactions. Hence, you should check the ingredient before using it.
- In case you have medical history of any health problem such as disease related to heart, kidney, seizure, asthma, migraine, headache, etc. then you should tell your doctor about it.
- If you are using any prescribed medicine, non-prescribed medicine or herbal products then tell your doctor about it.