“Use Aromasin tablets in Breast Cancer.”
Aromasin tablet is the medicine that cures from breast cancer in women. Exemestane is the main active medicament present in the Aromasin tablet. This medicament inactivates the activity of Aromatase enzyme and it exerts an irreversible action. This medicine also reduces the level of Estrogen in postmenopausal women. It also slows the growth of certain types of breast tumors.
Indications of Aromasin tablet
- Aromasin is used in the treatment of early (cancer not spread) and advanced stage of cancer (cancer spread).
Contraindications of Aromasin tablet
In some medical condition this medication is harmful to the patients,
- Aromasin tablet is not recommended for the patient who is under 18 years of age.
- Do not prescribe this medication for the pregnant women because it causes miscarriage and complicated effects on unborn baby.
- Those patients who are hypersensitive with the Exemestane or other ingredients used in the Aromasin tablet then do not need to take this medication.
Drug interactions of Aromasin tablet
These are those medicines that modify the effects of Aromasin tablet when they are taking in mixture;
- Anti-tuberculosis drugs – Rifampicin and Ethambutol
- Antiepileptic drugs- Phenytoin, Phenobarbital and Carbamazepine
Storage conditions of Aromasin tablet
The Aromasin tablet should be dispensed under below mentioned conditions;
- Remain this medication at a room temperature 300 C.
- Do not place it in front of direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep this drug in dry and clean place.
- Store away from the reach of children and pets.
Dose of Aromasin tablet
The initial prescribed dose of Aromasin tablet is 25 mg once in a day after taking a meal. It should administer every day at the same time.
Missed dose of Aromasin tablet
In case of missed dose of Aromasin tablet consume it as soon as possible you memorize. Do not consume two doses of Aromasin tablet at a same time to cover the missed dose.
Overdose of Aromasin tablet
In case of overdosing of Aromasin tablet you can face such problems like impotence, weakness. In such conditions you directly meet with your doctor.
Some adverse effects while taking Aromasin tablet;
Most common side effects
Feeling if tiredness, severe headache, pain in joints, nausea, and appetite increase insomnia (sleep problem) and increase sweating.
Severe side effects
Unusual pain in bones, swelling in hands or feet, chest pain, confusion, tachycardia and bradycardia (breathing problems) and osteoporosis (week bones).
Some safety measures should be followed before taking Aromasin tablet;
- Avoid consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice because it reacts with Aromasin tablet and modify its action.
- If you are suffering from any myasthenia Gravis, liver or kidney disease, always use Aromasin tablet with some cautions.