Generic Azasite belong to the class of medicine known as azalide. It is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic that is highly demanded due to its perfect result within prescribed time duration. This medicine might be used as bacteriostatic or bactericidal antibiotic that depends of the causative organism and the concentration of drug used.
Generic Azasite consists of various inactive ingredients that include sodium citrate, mannitol, poloxamer 407, citric acid, and edetate disodium, water for injection, poly-carbophil, sodium chloride and sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment. In addition to this, it also contains 0.003% benzalkonium chloride as preservative.
You should store this ophthalmic solution at a temperature below 30 degree centigrade. Protect your medicine from heat, light and dampness as such factors might alter the effectiveness of the medicine. Always check the expiry date of the medicine before using it. If the medicine is expired or opened from long time and no longer needed then you should discard it with the help of local company that is engaged in such activity.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Azasite works by binding with the 50S subunit of 70S bacterial ribosome. Thus, it is responsible for inhibiting RNA-dependent protein synthesis in the cells of bacteria. In other words, this medicine is known to inhibit protein synthesis of bacteria that is carried out with the help of ribosome. 50S subunit from 70S ribosome gets bind with this medicine. Due to this binding, peptidyl transferase activity gets inhibited. This results in interference with the translocation of amino acid at the time of translation.
Generic Azasite is used to treat bacterial eye infections.
Generic Azasite might interact with some other medicine and can change the effectiveness. Therefore, you should always keep a list of all medicine that you are using and share it with your doctor. Never increase or decrease the dose of the drug that is recommended to you by the doctor yourself.
You should use the medicine twice in a day for the first two days with an interval of 8-12 hours and then once in day for the next 5 days. Before using the medicine, you should never forget to consult your doctor as the doses are based on your medical condition and response for the treatment.
In case you miss any of the doses, you should use it as soon as you remember about it. In case it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and use the dose as scheduled. Do not double the dose to catch up the missed one.
In case overdose of the medicine is suspected, consult your doctor immediately.
Generic Azasite might leads to side effects in some of the users of the medicine such as:
- Blurred vision
- Temporary eye irritation
- Change in vision
- Eye pain
- Allergic reactions such as rash, itching, swelling of face/throat, trouble in breathing, severe dizziness
- Before using Generic Azasite, you should tell your doctor in case you are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine of same class such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, etc.
- Generic Azasite contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergic reactions in some of you. Check the ingredients before using the medicine properly.
- In case you have medical history of any disease related to eyes, tell your doctor before you start treatment with this medicine.
- Generic Azasite might makes you feel dizzy and can also cause blurred vision. Hence, avoid work that needs alertness such as driving vehicle, operating machine, etc.