“Best and highly effective gel; for Acne (pimples)”.
Clindac gel is a topical formulation used to kill the bacteria or microorganisms that causing the Acne (pimples). Clindamycin phosphate is the main active ingredient present in the Clindac gel. Clindamycin belongs to the class of Antibiotics such as Lincomycin. Acne (pimples) is a common skin problem it is caused by the inflammation of hair follicles, sebaceous (oil glands) of the skin. Clindamycin kills the sensitive bacteria that cause Acne and decrease the amount of fatty acid that irritate the skin surface.
Indications of Clindac gel
- Clindac gel is used for the healing of Acne (pimples).
- Clindac gel is also used in dermatological (skin) infection.
Contraindications of Clindac gel
The Clindac gel should not be applied in case of;
- In the patient who are oversensitive to Clindamycin phosphate or other constituents of the Clindac gel.
- In the kids below 12 years of the age.
- This gel is contraindicated in the wounded skin, burnt or cut or scratch on the skin.
Drug interactions of Clindac gel
These are those medicines that amend the action of Clindac gel;
Category of drug
Examples of drugs
Septra, Bactrim and Sulfatrim
Doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin and Ofloxacin
Storage of the Clindac gel
The Clindac gel should be dispensed under below mentioned conditions;
- Keep the Clindac gel in cool and desiccated (dry) place.
- Store the Clindac gel below room temperature, i.e. 30 0C.
- Remain it tightly closed while not in use.
- Do not freeze the Clindac gel.
How to apply Clindac gel - Clindac gel is only for external use. Clindac gel is recommended for twice daily i.e. in the evening and at the bed time daily to apply on the affected area. Clean the affected area with water and soap before applying the gel. Apply a thin film of the gel and thoroughly massaged the Clindac gel with gentle hand onto the affected area of the skin to distribute evenly. Allow the gel to dry. Clean your hands before and after using the Clindac gel. Avoid getting this gel on your lips or inside your nose and mouth. You should use Clindac until your infection is not cleared up.
Missed Dose of Clindac gel
If the patient skips a dose of Clindac gel apply it as soon as you memorize. If it gets the time for the next dose then leave out it and move further for your regular dose plan.
Overdose of Clindac gel
Being a topical formulation there is an about the irrelevant chances of overdosing. If it happens there will be no any life frightening (threatening) symptoms.
Some safety measures should be taken before applying Clindac gel;
- If the patient is allergic to Clindamycin phosphate, proper precaution should be taken.
- Avoid gets in touch with of Clindac gel with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not use this gel on the broken skin; it may prevent the skin from healing.
- Do not use any other products for your face while using Clindac gel.