Generic Coverit hair oil or Minoxidil belongs to the group of medicine known as vasodilator. It is one of the medicine that you can use for your hair growth and to treat male pattern baldness. Infect, when the medicine is used having 2% solution of this medicine, women can also use to thicken their hair. This medicine should be used by individual of age group above 18 years. Being potent direct-acting peripheral vasodilator, it reduces the peripheral resistance and also leads to decrease in the blood pressure.
Generic Coverit hair oil is also highly demanded for the treatment of hypertension and topical treatment of androgenic alopecia in case of male and female. The medicine is also responsible for stabilizing hair loss in androgenic alopecia patient.
Generic Coverit hair oil contains various inactive ingredients such as alcohol, propylene glycol, purified water, etc.
Generic Coverit hair oil is manufactured by various pharmaceutical companies that are located worldwide. Hence, the medicine is available in the market under different trade names such as Rogaine, Regaine, etc.
Generic Coverit hair oil should be stored at room temperature that varies from 20-25 degree centigrade. You should protect your medicine from light, heat and moisture as such factors might destroy the effectiveness of the medicine. Always keep the medicine in such a place where kids and pets should not reach. As this is a flammable product, it should be kept away from fire.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Coverit hair oil is used to treat male pattern baldness and hair loss in women. However, the medicine is also in demand for maintaining the blood pressure. FDA has approved the medicine in August 1988.
Generic Coverit hair oil is used in the treatment of male-pattern baldness. This medicine is also used by women having thin hair.
Generic Coverit hair oil might interact with some other medicines and can alter the effectiveness. Never start or stop or change the dose of the medicine without consulting to the doctor. This generic medicine might interact with Metronidazole, Disulfiram, Guanethidine, etc. Therefore, keep a list of all medicine with you that you are using and share it with your doctor.
How to use:
- You should clean and dry the scalp area before applying the hair oil. Alternatively, you can also apply it to the damp hair.
- Fill the applicator with 1 mm of the medicine or 20 drops of the medicine.
- You should part the hair in the area of thinning and applying the solution of hair oil evenly to the affected area of the scalp and rub it gently.
- After applying the solution, it should be left for complete drying.
- The medicine comes in the strength of 5% and 2%. The 5 solution of the medicine should be used by man only whereas 2% by woman.
You should apply 1 ml of generic Coverit hair oil to dry hair and scalp. It should be done twice in a day, preferably in the morning and in the evening.
In case you miss any of the doses, apply it as soon as you remember about it. In case it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and apply the hair oil as scheduled. Never double the dose of the medicine to catch up for the missed one.
In case overdose of the medicine is suspected, consult your doctor immediately.
Generic Coverit hair oil might lead to side effects in some of the users such as:
- Unwanted facial or body hair
- Irregular heartbeat
- Change in vision
- Chest pain
- Swelling of hands/feet
- Unusual weight gain
- Allergic reaction
- Fluid retention
- Inflammation of heart muscle
- Decrease in white blood cell
- Before applying generic Coverit hair oil, you should tell to the doctor in case you are allergic to it or have any other allergy.
- Generic Coverit hair oil contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergic reactions in some of the users of the medicine. Therefore, always check the ingredients before using it.
- In case you have a medical history of any disease such as heart attack, chest pain, eczema, disease related to scalp, liver, kidney, etc. then tell your doctor before starting treatment with this hair oil.
- Nursing patient as well as pregnant patient should always consult with their doctor for using the medicine.