The active ingredients of Melacare cream are Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Mometasone. These three compounds have different activity. Hydroquinone is a bleaching agent used to lighten the dark spots. Tretinoin is alternative of vitamin A and helps to renew skin more actively and quickly. Mometasone is a topical steroid helps to cure redness of skin, inflammation, and swelling. It shows its effect by elevating dark patches on the skin reduces the discoloration process of the skin. It sometimes used to constrict evolution of fine wrinkles and to cure acne.
Indications of Melacare cream
Melacare cream is prescribed to treat redness, swelling and itching of skin caused by dermatitis and other skin infection. Melacare cream can also be indicated to cure tanning, whiteheads, blackheads, and pimple.
How to apply Melacare cream
Wash the affected area properly with soap and water. Dry it carefully. Apply a thin layer of cream on the affected area. Massage it gently on that area to distribute the cream thoroughly till it disappears. Allow it to dry. Apply this cream daily twice a day to get best results.
Contraindications of Melacare cream
Contraindication is a condition in which a particular drug or treatment is not suitable and is prohibited. Melacare is contraindicated in case of
- Patient is hypersensitive to Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Mometasone and other ingredients of the cream.
- Do not recommend this cream to the children below 12 years of age.
- Do not use this Melacare cream on the injured skin, burnt, cut or skin lesion.
Drug interactions of Melacare cream
When two or more drugs administered together they interact with the activity of each other, this interaction may increase, decrease or sometimes alters the activity of each other. Drugs that interact with the activity of Melacare cream are Glipizide, Glimepiride, Diabeta, Duetact, Dymelor, Fortamet, Exubera, Diabinese, uetact, Dymelor, Diabinese, Exubera, Fortamet, Glipizide, and Glimepiride.
Storage of the Melacare cream:
Keep it in cool and dry place. Keep it away from heat, direct sunlight and moisture. Keep it at room temperature Store the Melacare cream below room temperature, i.e. 30 0C.
Missed Dose of Melacare cream
If you have missed to apply cream on time applies it as soon as you remember but if you have forgotten if for long time till the time for your next application than skip it.
Overdose of Melacare cream
Since it is topical drug so there is no possibility of overdose.
These are the unwanted effects of the drug other than the required effect of the drug. Some of the side effects can be ignored and some of the side effects may cause serious health problems. Side effects of Melacare cream are
- Some of the common side effects of Melacare cream which can be ignored are skin irritation, stinging, burning, itching, redness, dryness and cracking of skin around eyes and nose and tingling.
- Some of the rare but serious side effects of Melacare cream are skin rashes, hives, swelling of the face or limbs, skin darkening, irritation.
Precautions to be taken before use of Melacare cream are
- Avoid contact of Melacare cream with eyes, nose, mouth or vagina.
- During the course of Melacare do not use any other drug or cosmetic on your face.
- Avoid sunrays while using the Melacare cream because it may result to sunburn.
- Melacare cream is for topical use only.
- Clean your hands properly before and after application of a cream.
- Do not use this cream in case of pregnancy and lactation.
- Do not use this cream on damaged skin or burnt skin.