Melacare cream 2% contains hydroquinone, tretinoin and mometasone as the main active ingredient. It is available in topical dosage form and helps to reduce the melanin formation in the skin. Melanin is a natural pigment present in the skin responsible to give brown color to the skin. It is a cream meant for only external use. Hydroquinone act to lighten the dark area of the skin like freckles, spots developed due to age and the tanning (Melasma). Tretinoin reduces wrinkle appearance. Mometasone acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Directions to use Melacare cream:
Melacare cream is available as a topical medicament that is used only as externally. Melacare cream is recommended to use twice in a day i.e. in the morning and in the evening. Clean the affected area of the skin with water and soap before applying the cream. Apply a thin film of the cream thoroughly with gentle hand to distribute evenly. Allow the cream to dry. Depending on the severity of the Melanin pigment decides the duration for using the Melacare cream. Wash your hands properly before and after applying the cream. Never use any bandage or cloth to cover after applying the cream.
Indications of using Melacare cream:
Melacare cream is indicated for following benefits-
- This cream helps to improve the hyper pigmentation of the skin.
- It helps to diminish wrinkles of the face.
- It is used to treat acne and pimples.
- Also treated the infection and inflammation of the skin.
- Melasma (tan or dark skin)
- Freckles (small brownish spot on the skin)
Storage condition of Melacare cream:
The storage condition for Melacare cream is room temperature i.e. 15-30 degree Celsius. Keep the drug away from the heat, light and moisture. Do not allow the freezing of the cream.
If by chance you forget to take your dose then apply the cream as soon as you remember. If it gets the time for the next dose then skip it and go for the regular schedule.
Overdose of Melacare cream:
Since Melacare cream is a topical drug there is zero chance of overdosing. If it happens there will be not be any life aggressive symptoms.
Common side effects that can be experienced by using Melacare cream are-
- Burning or irritation sensation can be felt while applying or after applying Melacare cream.
- Redness or inflammation of the skin
- Skin frustration
- Skin tightening
Other severe side effects that can be experienced in rare cases are
- skin rashes
- swelling of the face or limbs
- trouble while breathing
- trouble in swallowing
These rare side effects can happen only when the drug gets absorbed in the blood.
Some precautions should be kept in mind while using Melacare Cream-
- Do not apply the Melacare cream for longer duration as it may cause cutaneous ochronosis.
- If you are using this cream in the morning then don’t forget to apply sunscreen cream if you are going out. Since this cream contains hydroquinone which upon exposure to light undergoes strong reactions and may result in photo allergic reactions. Otherwise it may cause darkness of your skin.
- If the episode of using Melacare cream if you get skin irritation then stop the use of this cream for almost one month. Till then you can use any other natural products. Consume plenty water and fruits.
- Avoid applying to the tanned skin or on the injured and hurt skin.
- Avoid contact of the cream with the eyes, mouth or nose.
- Do not use Melacare cream if the patient is allergic or hypersensitive to any of the ingredients if this cream.
- During extreme weather condition, particularly frosty condition, skin sensitivity may increase.
- Avoid usage of any other skin products that contain alcohol, lime or any spices because it may cause irritation.