To quit or stop smoking is a difficult task and your chance of success depends largely on your mental strength and on your commitment for doing so. However, to complete quit smoking you may need help of counselors as well as adapt this commitment to your behavior. Other than this, there are number of products available in the market called Nicotine replacement products. These products such as Nicotine Polacrilex Gum play an important role in total stop-smoking program.
As you quit smoking, your nicotine level drops very fast which may cause withdrawal symptoms including craving for tobacco, behavior change such as feeling irritated, nervousness, headache, and others. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum helps people by reducing these withdrawal symptoms.
- Nicotine Polacrilex Gum sugar-free provide supplements of nicotine to body. This temporary help works as an added to quit smoking. The provided comparatively lower level of Nicotine to blood helps body to survive and adapt the nicotine free life.
- Nicotine Polacrilex Gum are free from the tar or carbon monoxide that cigarette smoke contains, hence, it do not work in the same way like tobacco and its harmful effects.
- Though, it supplies the addictive part of cigarette, nicotine in the blood which may cause side effects like headache, nausea, disturb stomach, and dizziness.
- Smoking is injurious to your health as well as it affects health of your loved ones if you smoke around them. It can result in lung disease, cancer, and heart disease. Be healthy and quit smoking is the first step towards your wellbeing.
- This medication should not be used by pregnant females and also by those who are breast-feeding.
- This medication should not be used if you have not quitted smoking completely or you are still using nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Nicotine Polacrilex Gum should be kept at room temperature.
Store all your drugs in a moisture free environment always.
Keep your medicines out of the reach of children.
- The dose of Nicotine Polacrilex Gum depends on your smoking habits and stage of your quit smoking programme such as if a person is habitual to take his first smoke more than 30 minutes after waking up, he may use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg whereas if a person is habitual to take first smoke within 30 minutes of waking up, he may be suggested to use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg.
- This treatment may continue for 12 weeks.
- As your treatment will progress, the difference between having nicotine gum will increase.
- To get best results, it is important that you use this treatment in certain way. Your medical advisor can provide you proper guidance.
- It is always recommended that patients should start or introduce any new treatment or drug under supervision of a medical professional.
- Taking medicine on your own may trouble your health.
Nicotine Polacrilex Gum may cause adverse reactions such as:
- Mouth/teeth/jaw problems
If any of the above signs appear, stop the treatment immediately and consult your doctor.
Go for immediate medical services in case you note any of these severe side effects:
- severe dizziness
- mood changes
- trouble sleeping
- abnormal dreams
- tingling in hands/feet
- swelling hands/ankles/feet
- itchy skin
- breathing troubles
- This medication should only be initiated if user has discontinued cigarette smoking completely.
Before starting treatment confirms your doctor about followings diet and health conditions as Nicotine can affect heart rate and blood pressure:
- a sodium-restricted diet
- heart disease
- recent heart attack
- irregular heartbeat
- high blood pressure issues
- stomach ulcer
- use of non-nicotine quit smoking product (if you are taking currently)
- medication for treating depression or asthma