Duricef is prescribed to treat variety of bacterial infections as well as certain kind of skin problems. This medicine works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Some indications of Duricef are as follows:
1. urinary tract infections
2. skin and soft-tissue infections
3. throat (pharyngitis)
4. tonsils (tonsillitis)
Drug is also used preserve the inner layer of the heart (endocarditis) during surgical procedures.
Other than the above, Duricef may also be used for other medical benefits as well in direction of a doctor.
Alike other antibiotics, this medication is also used to treat only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold, flu).
Top Drug Mart is selling Duricef at cheap price. People can swiftly order this antibiotic from our user friendly interactive online store. This medicine is available in different strengths and packing. You can choose according to your requirement.
Patients should use this medication if they are judged to use it for getting desired health benefits by a doctor.
Treatment with Duricef will not provide any productive output in those patients who are allergic to any of drug ingredients or to other medicines of the same class. Take medicine after consulting a doctor.
Prior initiating any new drug to your medication, inform your doctor about your all recent prescriptions including details of other non prescription health products. This will contribute in judging apt doses for you and giving you right medication.
Also, inform prescriber with the details of your medical history, especially if you have ever suffered any serious or long term illness related to liver or kidney.
Overdose can cause serious health problems. If overdosed, just contact your doctor right away otherwise it may cause a serious problem for you.
Sharing this medication with anyone who is reported with similar symptoms is not suggested in any given condition without getting an advice from doctor.
Do not make any change in your dosing schedule without consulting your doctor as it can affect the desired result from the treatment.
Medication work well when the constant level of drug is maintained in the body so try to take medicine at a regular time.
Use this medication for the full prescribed duration, even if you already start to feel better or your symptoms disappear after initial treatment.
Not completing or dropping the medication too early or in the middle of treatment may allow bacteria to continue to develop which may result in a return of the infection.
Sharing medication should not be done in any given case even if they have the same symptoms as you do. Treatment may not work in the same to other person and it may be harmful for other person.
A number of things can affect the dose of medication such as individual needs, body weight and other medical conditions.
How does Duricef works?
Oral antibiotic drug Duricef contains Cefadroxil as active ingredient which belongs to the family of cephalosporin drugs. Cephalosporins works to stop bacteria development by hindering the bacteria cell wall synthesis which is essential for the survival of bacteria cell.
How to store?
Duricef should be stored at room temperature and should be kept away from children. Heat, light and moisture might destroy the effect of the medicine. Therefore, care should be taken while keeping the medicine.
1. The dose of Duricef depends on the type of infection treated. Other than this there are some other influential factors that affect the required dose in any individual case such as severity of infection, patient’ response to the treatment, weight, age etc.
2. This medicine is for oral administration and indicated to be used in multiple divided doses as prescribed by doctor.
3. You may take it with a full glass of water.
4. The dosage of medication depends on patient’ medical condition and response to the medication.
Common adverse reactions
1. Abdominal pain
Severe adverse reactions
1. severe skin rash
4. difficulty breathing or swallowing
6. unusual bleeding or bruising
7. sore throat
8. painful mouth or throat sores
9. vaginal infection
Consult your doctor if you get any side effects that trouble you.
1. Inform your doctor if you are hypersensitive to cefadroxil or any other ingredient of the drug or to other cephalosporin antibiotic medicines.
2. Notify all your medications as well as non prescription health products currently in use to your prescriber.
3. Caution should be implemented if you have kidney or liver disease, colitis, or stomach problems.
4. Inform your prescriber if you are pregnant or planning to have baby in future or are breast-feeding. This medicine may affect the health of baby.