Generic Xenical is used to treat obesity. You can use this medicine for weight loss. This is an lipase inhibitor and works by inhibiting the enzyme that is present in the digestive system and is responsible for breakdown of fats. One of the best parts of this medicine is that it prevents you from regaining the weight that you have lost.
Generic Xenical is also useful when used in low calorie diet in person suffering from diabetes, have high cholesterol level and high blood pressure. It blocks the enzyme that is responsible for breaking of fats in the diet and thus, undigested fat is passed out of the body through bowel movement.
Generic Xenical contains orlistat as active ingredient. In addition to this, it also contains various inactive ingredients such as sodium starch glycolate, sodium lauryl sulphate, povidone, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, etc. Furthermore, the dark blue capsule shell contains inactive ingredient named as titanium dioxide, gelatine, FD&C Blue No.1. On the other hand, the turquoise capsule shell contains FD& C Blue No. 2, etc.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Xenical works by preventing the digestion and absorption of fat present in the diet. This is done by the help of enzyme lipase, thus, help in losing weight.
Generic Xenical is used to prevent weight gain after losing weight.
Some of the drugs that might interact with Generic Xenical are:
This is not the complete list of drug interactions. Some other drugs might also interact with this medicine. Share the list of all medicine that you are using with your doctor for exact dose of the medicine.
You should take Generic Xenical three times in a day. Always consult your doctor for exact dose as it depends on the severity of the condition, medical condition and drug tolerance power of the body.
In case you miss any of the doses, take it as you remember about it till 1-2 hours. In case you remember about the missed dose after that, skip it and take the regular scheduled dose. Never take double dose of the medicine to balance the missed one.
If you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Generic Xenical might leads to following side effects after using it in some users of the medicine:
- Fatty or oily stools
- Increased number of bowel movement
- Abdominal pain
- Inability to control stool
- Liver failure
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Light coloured stool
- Oily spotting
- Intestinal gas with discharge
- Allergic reactions
- Before taking Generic Xenical, you should consult your doctor in case you are allergic to the medicine or any ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have medical history of digestive system, chronic malabsorbtion syndrome, cholestasis, hypothyroidism, hyperoxaluria, etc. share it with your doctor.
- In case you are using any prescribed, non-prescribed medicine or herbal product, tell your doctor about it.
- In case of diabetic patient, this medicine will help in controlling their blood sugar level by weight loss.
- During pregnancy, the medicine should only be used if recommended by the doctor.