Generic Xenical is a powerful and effective drug for the treatment of obesity. The medicein is used for weight loss. Being lipase inhibitor, the generic medicine inhibits the enzyme lipase present in the digestive system that breaks the fat of the diet that you take. The medicine is useful in preventing the weight gain after you have loss the weight.
Generic Xenical should be stored at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. Protect your medicine from light, heat, moisture and dampness as these factors might destroy the usefulness of the medicine. Keep it in such a place where children and pets should not reach easily. Always check the expiry date of the medicine. Discard it properly with the help of local company that is engaged in such work.
Generic Xenical contains orlistat as active ingredient. It also contains various inactive ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulphate, povidone, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, etc. additionally, the dark blue capsule shell contains ingredient titanium dioxide, gelatine, FD&C Blue No.1 and the turquoise capsule shell contains FD& C Blue No. 2.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Xenical is known to prevent the digestion and absorption of fat present in the diet. This is carried out by enzyme lipase.
Generic Xenical is used to prevent weight gain after losing weight.
Generic Xenical might interact with some other medicine can change the expected final result. Therefore always keep a list of all drugs that you use and tell your doctor about it proactively. Do not stop medicine without consulting to the doctor. In general, some drugs that might interact with this generic medicine are:
This is not the complete list of drug interactions. Some other drugs might also interact with this medicine.
You should take Generic Xenical three times in a day. Always consult your doctor for exact dose as it depends on the severity of the condition, medical condition and drug tolerance power of the body.
In case you miss any of the doses, take it as you remember about it till 1-2 hours. In case you remember about the missed dose after that, skip it and take the regular scheduled dose. Never take double dose of the medicine to balance the missed one.
If you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Generic Xenical might leads to following side effects in some of the users:
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Fatty or oily stools
- Increased number of bowel movement
- Abdominal pain
- Inability to control stool
- Liver failure
- Intestinal gas with discharge
- Allergic reactions such as rash/itching, etc.
- Light coloured stool
- Oily spotting
- Before taking Generic Xenical, you should consult your doctor in case you are allergic to the medicine or any other medicine.
- Generic Xenical contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergic reactions in some of the users. Therefore, always check entire ingredients properly before using it.
- Tell your doctor in case you have medical history of chronic malabsorbtion syndrome, cholestasis, hyperoxaluria, etc. before starting treatment with this medicine.
- In case you are using any prescribed, non-prescribed medicine or herbal product, tell your doctor about it.
- Nursing patient should always discuss the risk and benefit of using the medicine.
- During pregnancy, the medicine should be used if recommended by the doctor.