Generic Vilitra is used to treat erection dysfunction in male. This medicine is manufactured by different pharmaceutical companies such as Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, GSK, etc. It is formulated all across the world such as United States, Canada, etc. It is available under different trade names such as Levitra, Vardenafil, Staxyn, etc.
You should take some extra precautions as it does not provide protection against any sexually transmitted disease such as Hepatitis B, HIV, syphilis, gonorrhoea, etc. Take the medicine orally when needed at least one hour prior physical intercourse with or without food.
You should store generic Vilitra at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. Always check the expiry date of the medicine before using it. Protect the medicine from light, heat and moisture. Keep it in such a place where children and pets should not reach.
Generic Vilitra contains various inactive ingredients such as crospovidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromelloseyellow ferric oxide, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, and red ferric oxide.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Vilitra functions by increasing the blood flow to the penis. Thus, penile erection is achieved and maintained at the time of physical intercourse.
Generic Vilitra is used to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction male.
Some of the drugs that might interact with generic Vilitra are:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Amyl nitrite
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide mononitrate
Based on the requirement and medicine tolerance power of the body, the dose is decided. Therefore, you should always consult your doctor for exact dose of the medicine. In general, the normal recommended dose is 10 mg that can be taken with or without food. This dose, if required, can be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg. You should take the medicine at least 30 minutes prior physical intercourse.
Generic Vilitra should be taken only “when needed”.
In case of overdose, you should consult to your doctor immediately.
Some of the side effects that you might experience after using generic Vilitra are:
- Change in vision
- Blurred vision
- Prolonged or painful erection
- Muscle aches
- Itching in the skin
- Pain in chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- Change in hearing capacity
- Ringing in the ears
- Temporary memory loss
- Pain in arm/ jaw
- Back pain
- Irregular/fast heartbeat
- Swelling in the eyelid
- Prior taking generic Vilitra, you should tell the doctor if you are allergic to it or any other medicine of same class.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergic reactions in some of the users of the medicine. Therefore, you should always check the ingredient before using the medicine.
- In case you have medical history of heart attack, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, stroke, kidney disease liver disease, high or low blood pressure, dehydration, angulation, Peyronie’s disease, prolonged erection, sickle cell anaemia, retinitis pigmentosa, leukaemia, etc. then you should tell your doctor before using the medicine.
- Generic Vilitra makes you feel dizzy. Hence, you should not perform any work that requires alertness.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol and alcoholic beverages when taking this medicine.