“For long and beautiful eyelashes: use Ganfort- Careprost eye drop.”
Ganfort is mostly indicated in the treatment of Hypotrichosis (short eyelashes). Hypotrichosis is a situation in which the eyelashes of human eye become too small. Ganfort can also cure the abnormal development of eyelashes of human being. Ganfort also used in the management of glaucoma. Bimatoprost and Timolol Maleate is the main active therapeutic ingredient present in the Ganfort eye drop. Bimatoprost is the prostaglandin analogue and Timolol is the beta blockers. They reduce the increased pressure in the human eyes.
Indications of Ganfort eye drop
- Ganfort eye drop is indicated in the management of short of eye lashes.
- This medicine is also used in the treatment of open glaucoma.
Contraindications of Ganfort eye drop
Under some given medical condition Ganfort eye drop should not be used;
- Ganfort eye drop is contraindicated in pediatric patients (below than 16 years).
- If you are oversensitive to Bimatoprost or any other related medicament always evade Ganfort eye drop.
Drug interactions of Ganfort eye drop
These are those drugs which distorted the effect of Ganfort eye drop when they are taking in combination;
Category of drug
Examples of drug
Atenolol and Propranolol
Calcium channel blockers
Nifedipine, Verapamil and Diltiazem
Storage environment of Ganfort eye drop
The Ganfort eye drop should be stored under below mentioned conditions;
- This eye drop should be stored at room temperature 300 C.
- It should protect from bacterial and microbial contamination.
- Ganfort should be kept in cool and dry place.
- It should protect away from humidity, heat or direct sunlight.
Dosage of Ganfort eye drop
The prescribed dose of Ganfort eye drop is mentioned below;
- For the management of intraocular pressure- 1 drop of Ganfort in affected eyes once daily at evening time.
- For treatment of glaucoma- 1 drop of Ganfort in affected eyes once daily at the sunset time.
How to apply Ganfort eye drop- shake the bottle before put in your eyes. One drop of Ganfort eye drop should be applied to the upper portion of eyes with the help of disinfected (sterile) eye liner. This drop should be applied to the upper portion of eyelashes but always avoid touching into lower eyelashes. At the time of putting eye drops close your eyes at least 3 to 4 minutes. Don’t blink your eyes. Don’t touch the tilt (tip) of eye drop.
Missed dose of Ganfort eye drop
If you skip a dose of Ganfort eye drop get it as soon as possible. Avoid applying of 2 drops of Ganfort eye drop at the similar time because it may lead to worsening problems.
Overdose of Ganfort eye drop
In case of overdosing of Ganfort eye drop without delay take a medical treatment from your nearest clinic.
The signs and symptoms of Ganfort eye drop feeling of sleepiness and giddiness, fainting.
Side effects of Ganfort eye drop
Common adverse effects while applying Ganfort eye drop;
- Swelling of the eyelids, erosion of the cornea
- Discharge from the eyes
- Redness and pain in eyes
- Eye irritation including burning and itching
Some safety measures should be taken before using Ganfort eye drop;
- If you are wearing a contact lens, use Ganfort eye drop with some cautions.
- Ganfort drop should be applied to the upper base of eyelashes but always evade touching into lower eyelashes.
- Never touch the tip of Ganfort eye drop with your hands.
- Avoid drinking of alcoholic beverages, because it increases the wooziness and sleepiness.