Generic Ultram belong to the class of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Being a synthetic analgesic, this medicine is responsible for binding with receptors that are found in the brain and transmits pain signal from all over the body to the brain.
Generic Ultram should be stored at a temperature that ranges from 15-30 degree centigrade. Keep the medicine in such a place where children and pets should not reach. Protect generic Ultram from light, heat and moisture by keeping it in a closed container. You should always check the expiry date of the medicine before using it. In case the medicine is expired, discard it properly with the help of local company that is engaged in such work.
Generic Ultram contains tramadol hydrochloride as active ingredient. In addition, it also contains different inactive ingredient such as microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized corn starch, modified starch (corn), hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide and carnauba wax.
Generic Ultram works by binding with the receptors present in the brain. Receptors plays an important role in transmission of pain sensation to the brain.
Generic Ultram is used to treat mild to moderate and chronic pain.
Generic Ultram might interact with some other medicines such as:
- St. John’s wort
Generic Ultram can be taken with food or without food orally. The maximum recommended dose for the medicine in a day is 400 mg. Based on the medical condition and the response of the treatment, dose for the medicine is decided by the doctor. Therefore, always consult your doctor before using the medicine.
In general, you should take a low dose of 25 mg initially. If you still feel the pain, take 50 mg of the medicine and then to 100 mg at an interval of 4-6 hours.
In case you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember about it. In case, you remember about the missed dose and it’s time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the regular dose as scheduled. Do not take any extra medicine to make up for the missed one.
In case you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible to avoid any unwanted response.
Not all the individuals will have same immune system, hence the response of the medicine also varies. Some of you might get side effects after using the medicine such as:
- Dry mouth
- Before taking generic Ultram, you should tell to the doctor in case you are allergic to this medicine or have any other allergy from other medicine.
- Generic Ultram consists of different inactive ingredients that are equally responsible for causing allergic reactions. Hence, you should check the ingredient before the intake of medicine.
- In case you have medical history of any problem, tell your doctor proactively before starting treatment with this medicine.
- The medicine makes you feel dizzy or drowsy. Therefore work that needs alertness such as operating machine, driving vehicle, etc. should be avoided when using the medicine.
- Intake of alcohol and alcoholic beverages should be avoided during the treatment with generic Ultram.
- Nursing patient and pregnant patient should consult to the doctor and discuss the risk and benefits of using this generic medicine.