Generic Tadagra Super 60 mg belongs to the group of medicine known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. The medicine has got huge round of appreciation for treating erectile dysfunction problem in male. Erectile dysfunction is the inability of male to achieve and maintain penile erection during physical intercourse. In addition to this, it is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Generic Tadagra is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is mainly done by blocking phosphodiesterase-5 that results in the relaxation of smooth muscle present in the prostate and bladder. Hence, it provides relief in the flow of urine.
Generic Tadagra is manufactured by various pharmaceutical companies that are located all across the world. It is also available under the trade names of Adcirca, Tadacip, Cialis, Tadalafil, etc. FDA has approved the medicine in October 2011.
Other medicine of the same class includes:
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Vardenafil (Levitra)
This medicine does not provide protection against any sexually transmitted diseases such as gorrhorrea, syphilis, HIV, etc. Generic Tadagra should be stored at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade and should be used only “when needed”. Protect your medicine from light, heat, moisture and dampness as these factors might spoil the usefulness of the medicine. Keep it in such a place where pets and kids should not reach.
The medicine is known to contain various inactive ingredients such as lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxyl propyl cellulose, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulphate, and triacetin.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Tadagra works by blocking the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 s(PDE5) present in the body. It offers blood flow into the penis so that it can achieve and maintain an erection.
Penile erection occurs due to the presence of blood in the penis that is brought here by the blood vessels, hence the size increases. Due to increase in size, more blood enters into the penis. Simultaneously, blood vessel takes away the blood from the penis and hence the size decreases, resulting in the removal of blood.
Due to sexual stimulation, nitric oxide is produced and released in the penis. Nitric oxide helps guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). cGMP is responsible for increasing and decreasing the size of the blood vessel that carries blood to and from the penis respectively. Once this cGMP is destroyed by other enzyme PDE5, the blood vessels gains its original size, the blood comes out from penis and erection ends. This generic medicine also prevents PDE5 from destroying cGMP. This results in longer stay of cGMP that leads to prolonged engorgement of the penis with blood.
Generic Tadagra is used to treat erectile dysfunction as well as benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Some of the drugs that might interact with Generic Tadagra are:
- St. John’s wort
For treating erectile dysfunction, you should take 10 mg of the medicine before physical intercourse. Later, based on the requirement, the dose can be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg. You should not take more than one dose in a day in any case.
For treating both erectile dysfunction as well as benign prostatic hyperplasia together, you should take 5 mg of the medicine every day.
The medicine is taken only “when needed”. So there is no chance of missing the dose.
If you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Generic Tadagra might leads to side effects in some of the users of the medicine such as:
- Allergic reaction such as rash, hives, difficulty in breathing, etc.
- Painful erection
- Erection might last for more than four hours
- Back pain
- Pain in arm/leg
- Sinus pain
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Stomach upset
- Vision change
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Before taking generic Tadagra, you should tell your doctor in case you are allergic to it.
- Generic Tadagra contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergic reactions. Hence, proper care should be taken when using the medicine.
- Avoid the intake of grape and grape juice when taking the medicine.
- If erection is painful or it lasts for more than 4 hours, then consult your doctor for best possible solution from it.
- In case you have medical history of any disease then tell your doctor before taking the medicine.
- In case you had suffered or suffering from retinitis pigmentosa that is an inherited condition of eye or Peyronie’s disease, then you should tell to the doctor prior taking this medicine.
- In case you are taking any medicine that has nitrate in it then avoid the use of this medicine as it might decrease your blood pressure.