Generic Tadalafil belongs to the group of medicine known as phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor that is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in case of male. This medicine is not prescribed for any protection against sexually transmitted disease such as hepatitis B, HIV, syphilis and gonorrhoea.
Generic Tadalafil is manufactured by various pharmaceutical companies that are located all over the world. The medicine is available in the market under various brand names such as Cialis, Adcirca (for pulmonary arterial hypertension) and Tadacip (Cipla). In addition, USFDA approved this medicine to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in October 2011.
Generic Tadalafil should be stored at a room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. It should be kept away from light, heat, dampness and moisture as these factors might interfere in the effective action of the medicine. This medicine should be kept at such a place where kid and pet does not reach.
Chemically, Tadalafil, the active ingredient is chemically represented as pyrazino[1',2':1,6]pyrido[3,4-b]indole-1,4-dione, 6-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)2,3,6,7,12,12a-hexahydro-2-methyl-, (6R,12aR). It appears as crystalline soli, soluble in ethanol and insoluble in water. This has an empirical formula of C22H19N3O4 and molecular weight of 389.41. The almond shaped tablet is blue and yellow in colour. Generic Tadalafil contains various inactive ingredients such as hydroxyl propyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulphate, talc, triacetin, titanium dioxide and microcrystalline cellulose.
Mechanism of action:
Erection is achieved due to the filling of the blood that is brought by blood vessels to the penis. Due to this, the size of the penis increases and hence more blood is supplied to the penis. Furthermore, the blood vessels take away the blood and therefore, the size of the penis decreases and blood get removed from the penis.
This medicine is also responsible for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This is done by reduction of pressure of the muscle that is found at the opening of the urethra. Ultimately, the opening is responsible for controlling urine flow to the bladder.
Generic Tadalafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Generic Tadalafil is contradicted in patient showing hypersensitivity to any ingredient of the medicine.
The immune system of one person varies from other. Therefore, some patients might suffer from side effects while others might not. Some of the side effects are:
- Increased heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Painful or prolonged erection
Some of the drugs that might interact with generic Tadalafil are:
The patient can take this medicine with or without food.
- For treating erectile dysfunction: 10 mg generic Tadalafil before physical intercourse. The dose can further be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg that depends on the requirement.
- For treating benign prostatic hyperplasia: 5 mg generic Tadalafil.
If the dose is missed by the patient, they should consult to their medical advisor.
If the patient has taken more medicine then they should consult to the doctor in order to avoid any unwanted reaction due to overdose.
- Prior taking generic Tadalafil, the patient should tell to the doctor in case they are allergic to it.
- The active ingredients are also known to cause allergic reaction in some patient. Therefore, the patient should check the entire ingredient properly before using it.
- In order to reduce light-headedness and dizziness, the patient should get up slowly when sitting or lying from prolonged time.
- Before taking generic Tadalafil, the patient should inform to their health care provider if they have any history of angulation, fibrosis, scarring, painful or prolonged erection, leukaemia, Peyronie’s disease, myeloma or retinitis pigmentosa, sickle cell anaemia, etc.
- Generic Tadalafil makes the patient feel dizzy. Therefore, the patient should not perform such work that needs alertness such as machine operation, etc.
- Intake of alcohol and alcoholic beverages should be avoided by the patient during the treatment with this medicine.